8.28.2014

overnight oats... oh, whatever, overafternoon too.

{ chocolate, coconut and blueberry overnight oats }

This kitchen will be moving soon... so the aim now is to get rid of as much stuff as I can from my pantry.
This also means that I have to get crazy creative in the kitchen.
Which is challenging and, hence, good.

Running out of my favourite daily-consumption stuff, I remembered I had a practically full bag of oatmeal - that I can't even remember why I bought! Plus, I remembered how much I treasure these muslis they make at fancy-brunch-places around here. Well... look no further, here they are!
So I'm in a oatmeal haze these days: breakfast, afternoon snack and, who knows..., dinner?

I guess I'll be posting further ideas soon ;)


Overnight Oats #1
The Dreamer. Chocolate, Coconut and Blueberry Blend
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup 0.8% milk
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp light muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp blueberries
- 1 tsp shredded coconut

1) Mix everything well in a jar, close and refrigerate overnight (around 4-8 hours will do),
2) When serving, shake well before opening. If desired, warm up in the microwave. Sprinkle with extra shredded coconut and/or chocolate chips or shavings.

3 comments:

  1. sounds so good! :) I love oatmeal, especially in winter to start the day with great energy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhm, acabaste de melhorar os meus pequenos almoços (pelo menos de vez em quando, vá :)*

    ReplyDelete